Simon and Betty’s children love hearing stories from their father, in particular the story of the lonely king who was saved by a princess.
The Five Elements of Story
it ok to not be ready
Please spread this shit like wildfire. People go on and sit through the whole experience and they’re uncomfortable because they just want to please their partner and they don’t tell them that they want to stop because they are not ready. It’s okay not to be ready.
Day Twenty-Two: An unpopular opinion you have about the series.
I will forever stand by my opinion that Cassie’s battle morph is completely impractical (especially against Hork-Bajir, or in close combat).
Yes, it can be argued that Cassie’s knowledge of anatomy allows her to target…
One theory I’ve seen mentioned a lot is that Cassie chose an objectively sub-par morph on purpose. Like, all of them have morphs that suit their personalities:
- Jake - Tiger, because Jake is strong and quiet and serious and honestly even though he’s a leader he’s still separate, apart from the others, like how tigers are generally loners.
- Marco - Gorilla because he’s intelligent and more about planning and executing those plans rather than straight-up fighting, so the gorilla’s hands are incredibly useful. Also how gorillas are peaceful unless threatened in the same way Marco would really rather not be fighting but does what he has to.
- Rachel - Elephant/Grizzly because she is all about strength and power and brute force, but hides a weakness from the others (her inner emotional issues / the animals’ poor eyesight that almost is her undoing many times)
- Tobias - Hawk this one is obvious, we all know how Tobias identified with birds to begin with and then got stuck as one and how he struggled with whether the bird or the boy was his “real” identity
- And finally Cassie - Wolf because she’d rather not fight, she’s only doing this for the sake of her friends, family and species (various levels of “pack”,) and in almost all cases she prefers to either maim her enemy or run away instead of fighting to the death.
That’s a completely valid theory, and in the end it’s probably why K.A.Applegate chose a wolf as Cassie’s main morph. I understand from a writers perspective that a wolf would mesh with her personality and present well as a literary tool. (Heck, having a canine morph even rounds out the dynamics of the team better.) But in the end, it still bugs me.
Like I said in my reply to redtailedhawk90:
As a wolf Cassie would have to aim for a Hork-Bajir’s most vulnerable parts when battling them. A wolf wouldn’t be able to physically overpower a Hork-Bajir, so she’d have to rip open major arteries and hope they bleed-out fast enough to take them out of play. That’s really her only option and it would probably be fatal in most cases.
If Cassie chose a powerful morph like Marco’s gorilla, she could use blunt force to knock out her enemies. In my opinion, that seems like the least lethal way of fighting.
(The full post can be found here.)
So, yeah, I get why Cassie used the wolf as her main battle morph… but it will never sit right with me. It’s just my personal Animorphs pet peeve. XD
This may have been done before. But since I am still somewhat new to the Tumblr side of being an Animorphs fan, I am interested in knowing more about fellow fans. (And I would like to find more to follow.) So I will go first. (Feel free to add/omit anything for yours!)
Name: Janelle (Or…
Name: Samantha (Sam/Raiyne/Raiyning).
Age: Twenty-two (Born July 4th, 1991).
Occupation: Cashier at a local Co-op grocery store… (for now).
Located: Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Family: A mother, a father, one sister, two grandmothers, and a ton extended relatives.
Shit I Like (Besides Animorphs): Animal Photography, my birds (two cockatiels), reading, tea, being lazy, and a ton of nerdy fandoms (ADVENTRE TIME, for example). :P
First Read Animorphs: I believe at the age nine or ten, (though I might be off by a few months).
Discovered Animorphs: Originally in my school library, but I actually started reading them consistently after I got my first few books second-hand from my cousin.
Favorite Character: Tobias, (with Rachel coming in at a close second).
(I’m not a big selfie taker… so, yeah. This will have to do.)
i didn’t notice she was practically wearing the same thing.
She doesn’t have her bite marks either.
(No, I’m not letting that go.)
I’m not sure whether this counts as an AU or not, since it could actually become canon (stranger things have happened!), but for now I’m gonna start calling it my Happily Ever After AU.
Aww, the penguins love their daddy, no matter what he’s like
THIS IS THE BEST PICTURE ON THE INTERNET